- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Public Sector Equality Duty Statement of Intent
- How we implement the duties of the PSED
How we implement the duties of the PSED
The information below demonstrates the ways that the Trust implements the duties of the PSED:
1. Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act.
- Through the framework of policies implemented across the Trust
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- Supporting pupils with medical conditions policy
- Staff code of conduct
- Anti-bullying policy
- Positive Behaviour
- Child Protection Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Discipline and Grievance policies
- Flexible Working Policy
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Policy
- Menopause Policy
- Provision of training for all staff regarding the requirements of the Equality Act and their responsibilities.
- Carrying out Equality Impact assessments
2. Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Review of equality objectives by the Resources and Ethos & Effectiveness Committees
- Monitor recruitment information for those with a protected characteristic and those who do not
- Monitoring the workforce to ensure equality of opportunity in access to training and promotion opportunities
3. Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Equality awareness training
- Monitoring employee relations cases to identify trends in issues between those with protected characteristics and others
- Provision of mediation in areas of conflict to find resolution of differences
Our workforce profile as at Summer 2022
Each individual academy within the Trust will publish their compliance with the PSED on their website.