An Introduction to the Epworth Education Trust
The Epworth Education Trust was created in November 2020 when 2 academy trusts - Wesley Methodist Trust consisting of 3 schools and Acorn Trust consisting of 2 schools joined together.
The main purpose of the Trust is to be a place where schools (convertor or sponsor) can work collaboratively to be the best they can be. The aim is for all schools in the Trust to be successful, self-governing schools providing the best education for the children in its care.
- We want the Trust to be medium sized and to be within a localised context. Geography is important to ensure strong working relationships across the Trust.
- To build a family of schools that are all excellent in their own unique way.
- For each school to have a dynamic and creative curriculum that builds upon the key skills of collaboration, investigation and resilience.
The Epworth Education Trust is a school based trust created by schools for schools. It is committed to enabling each individual school to flourish with a high degree of autonomy whilst creating opportunities for alliance, challenge and support.
The Trust is led by the founding CEO, Julie-Ann Hewitt and a strong team of Directors made up of people with a wide breadth of skills and knowledge both within education and the wider business world.
They ensure the Trust continues to be a good employer and remains the best home for its family of schools. The CEO is ably supported by a strong network of other leaders and teachers from the lead school to support those schools that enter into a partnership with the Trust.
The Epworth Education Trust is rooted in our communities, our profession and our faith. We work together to ensure that every child and young person can achieve excellence.
The Trust’s approach is anchored to six core principles. These are:
- We will build a family of schools with shared Methodist values, but who can support their individual communities in their own unique way
- Best practice will be delivered through school-based models of excellence
- Each school will deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum that holds no limits on the achievements and learning of all pupils
- A commitment to the highest standard of pastoral care and support
- Our education and ethos will be used to support and develop our local communities
- Our high-quality continuous professional development will enable staff to shine and advance in their career
- To have a Trust that grows and develops whilst ensuring it remains healthy, sustainable and high performing. That it becomes a Trust of excellence. We want to build self-sustaining and effective schools rooted in their communities but also networked with a wider group of strong schools.
- To be an outward facing organisation that continues to learn and develop whilst offering to others the ability to grow and develop through sharing of good practice.
- To provide high quality leadership and teaching which will enthuse and inspire all learners, and enable the wider learning community to become an outstanding beacon for inclusion, providing personalised learning opportunities for all learners to succeed in order to become the very best they can be.
- That each School will reflect the Epworth Education Trust’s strong commitment to improving the life chances of all children. We believe that where the Trust has the capacity to make a difference, it is morally bound to do so. That the children will be at the heart of everything. All decisions will be determined by what is in their best interests
- For the Trust to play a pivotal role in transforming and enhancing the life experiences of the wider communities they will serve. Our schools will be at the heart of compassionate and caring communities that are underpinned by strong values.
- That through the excellent teaching of a rich, extended and balanced curriculum, which ignites curiosity, unlocks talent and realises potential. We will develop creative, passionate and respectful learners who make excellent progress and are supported by well-motivated and passionate teachers.